View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

To me competitiveness is measured within each system based on the existance of tent talk and the desire to get into certain chapters so, from that respect, UT and Cornell rush are very similar.

As Benzgirl mentioned, summer camp connections were not a bid deal at Cornell but high school, social & family connections were. It was obvious to my Cornellian that actives from certain houses sized up PNMs based on their style, level of outgoing personality and Monclers (perceived wealth). Texas’ Big 6 and Cornell’s Core 4 is the same caste system of “top” & “bottom” chapters with girls at both schools dropping out of rush accordingly based on their invites.

The Cornell girls appear more activist so it will be interesting to see if they actually walk their talk on racial and socio-economic diversity & minority outreach. The university president is hugely anti-greek but thus far, the frats and greek system have escaped her wrath so that’s positive. The Cornell system is old and big compared to many schools, especially other Ivies. I doubt Martha Pollack will be able to break it.