Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

My badge is white gold with crown pearls and amethysts at the point. And I have a plain white gold Beta Zeta guard.

I am the ONLY person in my chapter for at least 10 years to order anything other than the plain scroll border badge in silver or gold and to have a guard. The president wears a handed down yellow gold crown pearl badge during her term. The silver trend actually began as an accident in my pledge class (something with the columns and the NME messed up, but people were psyched to accidentally receive silver). Sounds kind of silly, but I wanted a blinged out badge before I went through recruitment no matter which org I joined. It is no coincidence that I happen to be the person who wears my badge the most. When I go to the house, the collegians marvel at it, not even knowing that there are badges like that.

The dues include the basic badge in sterling silver or gold fill. Our chapter advisor said that the NMEs don't offer the fancy badges because they don't want to overwhelm the NMs with costs. The difference in price is about $70, and when your dues are $800ish, that's not much extra, and I'm sure some people are willing to pay it. I think if more people ordered nice badges, more people would wear them.