View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I've also seen this argument, and I have to wonder how many people are complaining about national dues vs. chapter dues. I did witness one heated exchange online, and someone was complaining about "all the money nationals is raking in", and when someone asked them what their dues are and they revealed how much they pay each semester, they were clearly mistaken as to how much their national org had to do with what they were paying.

Are there financial barriers to membership? Sure. But I'm willing to bet that most of the problem is stemming from the chapter budgets and not from what the national organization is asking for in order to function.
Chapter Dues are such a heartbreaking topic. One of our local chapters steadily lowered chapter dues in each of the past three years, but with all the problems besetting students this semester there are multiple women who still cannot afford full chapter dues. Thank goodness for payment plans and understanding sisters, we're going to continue needing them for awhile.

As for inter/national dues, there has been no lowering of the nearly $200.00 amount per person this semester.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.

Last edited by Cheerio; 10-27-2020 at 11:14 AM. Reason: clairity for LaneSig