View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Chi ritual

As a Sig that graduated from college almost a decade ago, I still think back, from time to time, on what I went through during pledging and initiation. But, no matter how much time passes, I remember vividly clear that I took a very serious oath (on two separate occasions on the day I was initiated into Sigma Chi), that without having done so, of my own free will, I would never have been allowed to set eyes on anything related to the ritual. This is probably the clearest memory of that day because those conducting the initiation make certain that you are aware of what you are doing and the responsibility you are undertaking. There are people out there that claim to know the ritual, but I can assure whoever reads this, that Sigma Chis do not take that oath lightly. To trade away ones soul, and break a covenant with your maker, by printing the ritual on the internet, does not seem like something someone would do just because they are pissed off at the fraternity. Therefore, I am willing to bet, without having seen the site and so-called "ritual", that it is bogus.