View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWithers View Post
Never heard of those. Are they historical fiction? ( it sounds as though they are) I am such a sucker for that genre!
Ha, some are yes.
The Last Amazon is by Stephen Pressfield, I got hooked on him after reading Gates of Fire (based on Thermopolye) after watching 300
People of the Wolf is written by a paleontologist/archaeologist and is about, so far, the precursors to the Inuit being pressured to move south.
The Virgin's Lover is by Phillipa Gregory and she writes a lot of Tudor historical fiction. I've read a bunch by her including The Other Boleyn Girl (Mary Boleyn), and The Constant Princess (Catherine of Aragon). This one's about Queen Elizabeth I.
Fairest, fantasy fiction
And World War Z is written as if it were true, by Max Brooks (Mel Brooks' son) and is awesome. I'm still a little freaked out admittedly. He also wrote The Zombie Survival Guide which I need to read once I'm not spooked by moaning noises. I'll just say this, there are zombies in the ocean too. And they're still roaming around down there to occasionally surface and/or grab the occasional diver. And that's just a tiny bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziasha07 View Post

Really? I will definetly have to look into that!
Yes, I was really pissed at the Memoirs guy after reading that book, and the real one was way better.