View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quite honestly, I agree that the chapters often know better who will fit in their chapter and be happy in their chapter than the PNMs do. I have seen situations where a girl thought she fit and the chapter didn't and where a chapter thought a girl fit but she didn't think so....in the end the chapter was generally right in either situation.

I can also say that while PNMs end up with a choice to accept or decline a bid at the end of the day, they have to make essentially the same decision a rushee after preference. No, they do not know exactly which organizations would want to give them a bid for sure, but they do know at least something about where they stand a chance. They also know if they are willing to try the different chapters out. If, after preference, a girl feels that she is not a good match with any of her options, she has the option of withdrawing. I am not sure of the official NPC policy for this since my school prohibits NPC/NIC/NPHC on campus, but if a girl withdrew, she then aquired the same status as a bidless PNM and could be offered a snap bid or go through COB.

In the NIC, a guy can go through and receive bids from several different chapters and choose among them. What if he receives bids from chapters he doesn't like and doesn't receive a bid from any of the chapters he did like? Does he feel pressured to accept a bid anyway?