View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenmum View Post
For years, I was a local Pageant director in Minnesota. We have a Winter Carnival in the coldest days of January. (Scandanavians are desperate for entertainment in the winter months!) Every year, the reigning Queen from the Macon Cherry Blossom Festival would fly up here for our events!She had the most gorgous pink crystal crown, a pink sash,a sparkling pink gown, a pink fur coat, everything cherry blossom pink. Her director always accompanied her, and was a lovely mature woman in a soft pink suit. They were impeccably groomed and I always looked forward to seeing them!
It must have been hard to remain gracious during outdoor parades and events that chilled even the hardiest Northerners!! They were, and are, always lovely. While our Winter Carnival Royalty would attend the Macon Festival, I haven't made it there yet! Well, that is my impression of Macon, even though I veered off the thread subject.
But such a lovely way of describing the Macon Cherry Blossom Festival Queen! Who would have ever thought her "duties" would include a visit to Minnesota, had you not told us?