View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I think much of this has to do with the pattern of hazing on this campus. It's rampant, both in fraternities and in sororities. My opinion is that many who attend this school have a sense of entitlement beyond what I have seen at other universities.

Yes, this. It is never ending on this campus, and no matter how much the Greek Life office tries to address it, no matter how much nationals try to address it, no matter how dedicated individual chapter advisors are, every year/every other year -- another egregious story makes the news. Sororities and Fraternities are both equal opportunity offenders at Miami. It is a very challenging climate for chapter advisory boards, particularly when the advisors come from a different school or region and have no patience with the atmosphere in Oxford.

15 years is not long enough in my book. Many times when chapters are placed on probation, it becomes a mark of honor that they use in PR. I know of one sorority in particular that played that game when put on probation.