View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Alcohol is a big no-no, but I think that in my day UCF was flirting with manless Bid Day. I'm pretty sure things haven't changed. The men aren't invited to Bid Day, but a lot of the Bid Day activities take place outside the houses/on the street at UCF. It's like a big block party, and the street belongs to the guys just as much as the girls.

It's not unusual for fraternity guys to wander up and down the street to say high to their girlfriends and sorority friends, and to congratulate them on Bid Day. They're not checking the new members out per se or participating in the activities. Unless Panhellenic banned them from the street, I'm not sure how this could be avoided. The sororities certainly aren't going to boot them off the sidewalk, especially when they're just chatting with their friends. The guys do clear out once the Bid Day activities move indoors, and are not part of the evening celebration when the sororities go to area restaurants/venues.