View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to PNM at FSU! I'm happy that you found a home. I just found this board this year, as my daughter started FSU. She decided against going through Recruitment at this time -- wanted to get settled into college life. Her very good friends' experiences with recruitment sounded just like yours back in 2010. One dropped out on Saturday, as she was disgusted with the whole process; got a call later and was offered a bid; decided she did like that group and accepted: short, a runner, quiet, sweet. Another stuck with it to the end, was offered a bid from one chapter, but ultimately declined, based on her experience of recruitment and what her ideas of sorority life and how it would fit into her college experience: short, funny, cute, outgoing, singer, busty. One got accepted at the sorority of her dreams -- the tall, blond, leggy, gorgeous girl. All of them had great recs, high GPAs, great "resumes." I'm a Greek, and so is my hubby. We saw all the young ladies hot-footing it to all the parties (and I mean this literally and figuratively, it was horrible during move-in day and I'm from Orlando!) After we moved our daughter into her room and were leaving, we were looking at the girls and saying, "yes, yes, yes, no, no, yes,no, no..." I haven't heard how many girls ultimately accepted bids, but it would be interesting to how many accepted bids, how many didn't receive any, how many delclined, etc. I don't think my daughter will go through recruitment next year -- and while I'm sad to say that my beautiful sister's pin wont be passed along to my daughter (I was a legacy), she has to do what's best for her. Who knows -- maybe I'll have a granddaughter one day who will need my pin!