View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I am not from Auburn but visited our chapter there a few times during my undergrad days. I did my undergrad at UGA and U. Texas and it is my understanding Auburn works much the same way.

As shinerbock said, not every house takes a spring class- many don't.

Do you have any friends in sororities? If so, I would suggest you talk to them and get their honest advice. And then see if any of them can help you get in touch with good fraternities who plan to take pledges in the spring.

Also, what friends do you have from high school or your current classes who are in fraternities? Give those people a call and see what they can do for you.

Please don't take this wrong, but a lot of houses at schools like Auburn (UGA and UT included) already have a good bit of their spring class selected. Does not mean you are out of the running- but now is a good time to start talking to people you know to see what your options are.

Get some invites to band parties after the football games remaining in the season and just get yourself out there as a potential candidate.

And as shinerbock said, this is a good time to forget your recent pledgeship and move forward. Start from zero and pretend it never happened. If you dropped from a good house, then people will wonder why you left. If you dropped from a lesser house, people will wonder why you pledged there in the first place.

Some people who drop were never meant to be Greek- and others made an honest mistake and will make a solid brother somewhere else. This is the internet and I have no idea which you are. Guys evaluating you during rush will not necessarily know either- so just leave this semester behind and forget about it.

Hope this is helpful and good luck to you. I do mean that. My advice may seem a bit harsh, but I am just telling you how it is. Perception is reality and your goal right now is to talk with people you know and trust in the Greek system and see if they can help you discreetly get back into the rush process to take another shot.