View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereandnowiamu View Post
Hello Everyone,

My university in Chicago, Il has no fraternities or sororities on campus at this time. I, along with others, really want greek life on our campus. Where should I start? I have been researching different frats, Sig Ep and Delta Upsilon but really don't know where to begin. Any and all help is welcome, Thanks!
This really depends on what school you are at:

I am going to guess wildly and say North Park [though you could be at Roosevelt (or St. Xavier but i'm pretty sure they have NPHC fraternities)]

Since your school has no greek life, you need to talk with student activities and see if the school wants greek life. Without backing from the school, you'll get no backing from any prospective greek groups. But if you are at North Park, the kids that go there aren't exactly ecstatic about any aspects of greek life.

Now if you were at Roosevelt, you'd have to explain to student activities why your potential colony wouldn't fall apart like TKE's did down there.I know AGD just colonized last year and their sorority seems to be working out well from what I hear.

Your course of action really depends on the school (I go to LUC)

Last edited by lucgreek; 12-31-2008 at 12:25 AM.