Thread: Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyS View Post
Think I'll just edit my original post. :-) Having never been through rush myself I was just wondering if she should ask why she was cut from a certain sorority. I see the answer is no. Thanks all!
Definitely no. She would be putting those members she asked in a really awkward position, they'd likely lie to her anyway (if they even knew why she was cut to begin with), and she might ruin her chances of receiving a bid in the future.

Also, keep in mind that due to how recruitment works, the chapters have to make some really difficult cuts, especially in the beginning. Think of how many potential members they have to meet with, and then they have to cut a certain number of those girls after day 1 or 2 of talking to them for a small amount of time. Sometimes, they may like too many girls and have to cut ones that they think might actually be great sisters. It can be tough on both sides.

Your daughter should learn from this experience what she can, then move on. I hope she eventually finds her home in the best chapter for her!

@~/~~~~