View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Not a big fan of the editorializing by co-hostess Carrie Ann Inaba after some contestants (not all) made their presentations/answered their questions. Hope her comments weren't swaying the judges.

Also not a fan of generally calling contestants by the name of their state (Louisiana, please ask Massachusetts her question...). At least SOME of the contestants called one another by their given first names during the first question competition.

Does anyone here think pageant bigwigs will eventually do away with a competition involving one contestant from each state, instead opening-up the process to a group of thirty to fifty specifically-chosen women from anywhere in the USA? Nothing against Miss Vermont, but she's never been a final ten contestant (nor final fifteen, nor twenty) and there are nearly twenty states that have never won the competition.

Other than that, I continue to enjoy the Miss America tradition and look forward to their 100th anniversary in a few years.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.