View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I have wondered if the "do you know the rushee personally" box on our profile forms (I don't know what other sorority forms say but I've heard here that there is a similar question on other forms) isn't telling them whether to keep or round file the form. But if that's the case, I wish they would say "we will no longer accept recommendations for members you do not personally know." And then we could stop telling girls they absolutely positively have to have recs.
Yes it seems that most rec forms include a similar question – and honestly, it seems as if the rec forms themselves may be somewhat outdated.

These generally seem to ask the same questions requiring objective responses (like GPA, SAT/ACT, class rank, Greek affiliations, etc) and have (too small) spaces to include activities, honors, community service, etc.

Some have boxes to check on subjective items like poise and moral character – but it seems to me, considering the times, it should probably ask “Does the PNM’s Facebook or Twitter contain objectionable material? ” instead. (kidding, but not really)

After spending some (aggravating) time trying to log in to download rec forms (and calling to straighten out the site glitch), I discovered that these are online (in legitimate places) just for the googling. I checked about four other GLOs – same thing. Irksome, but just another sign of the times I guess.