View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Friday, Round 2, Day 2: Philanthropy

So sorry that I did not clarify that the Philanthropy round was spread out over 2 days!

Mango Peach Lemonade: I couldn't have been happier to visit this house again! I have a genuine connection to this house’s philanthropy, and I was so happy that I was able to have such an honest conversation about the good that this chapter’s cause can do for the lives of others with the first sister I talked to. The second sister I talked to ended up having one of the same hobbies as me, something that I hadn’t had in common with anyone else during recruitment so far. I joked around so easily with the last sister that I talked to, and I saw many familiar faces on my way out. Yes, I definitely felt at home here.
Cinnamon Sugar Donut: This house’s philanthropy video confused me because of how short it was and how little information it presented to us. Someone in my family is affected by this house’s philanthropy, so I was happy to get to share that with someone else. The sister that I talked to for most of the round had a personal story to tell about their philanthropy as well. It took her the entire round to tell the story, though! I tried to fit in comments and ask questions where I could, but she wouldn’t let me intervene for the most part. She ended up having to speed through her ending because it was time for us to leave.

I had had varying experiences with the houses throughout the Philanthropy round, but I would’ve been happy to receive invitations back to any of them for the next day. My only receiving 6 invites thankfully made ranking simple. We could list our top 6 favorites to be invited back to for sisterhood.
I casted my vote as:
1. Mango Peach Lemonade
1. Lemon Pound Cake
1. Blueberry Cobbler
1. Snickerdoodle Sundae
1. Strawberry Shortcake
1. Cinnamon Sugar Donut

I honestly had no idea what to expect from my schedule the next day. I was inclined to believe that I’d be lucky to get more than one chapter back at all. Although I had given the process all that I had so far, I was also terrified of receiving a release phone call. I had already met so many incredible women, and there had been multiple instances in which I’d been reminded why I chose to go through the process in the first place because of the sisterly bonds, kindness, silliness, and dedication I’d seen in practically every chapter I’d visited. I had always thought it was a tad bit silly when girls would gush about how connected and at home they felt with certain chapters after visiting with them for a grand total of 70 minutes, but I was beginning see how easy it was to get swept up in the thrill of it all. My doubts about how quick the bonds of friendship and sisterhood could form were fading fast, and that’s something I was so pleasantly surprised about. I was beyond ready to run home.