Thread: children??
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2000, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Discgoddess with all do respect I know no one has any rights to a memebership just because they meet qualifications BUT at the same time someone that has children does not have any less of a right to join a sorority than someone who does not! I am sorry that you would probably vote against a single mother in your sorority, you may be losing a great sister by doing that. The good thing is though that the world does revolve around what you think so since its not gospel everyone should continue to work for their goals no matter what their situation! If its being part of a sorority that a single mother wants to do then more power to her. If she crosses, as your soror what are you going to do shun her or tell her that she is not a good role model? Unfortunately the young lady did ask for opinions, but I am sure she was not expecting to be judged by anyone. We all come from parents and would any of you think less of your mom if she was a single parent? Would you think she did not deserve something that someone else had the opportunity for just because you came along? I highly doubt it. I am not going to go back and forth with this one though. I have learned that faceless people should not warrant such energy. I will continue in my quest, and I hope you do also Left Out! Much love peeps