View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone! I just had a few q's about 2013 rush at fsu and I didn't see a thread about it. I'm a new member though so maybe I'm just not searching right lol

I'm rushing as a sophomore and I've managed to secure two recs which I'm so proud about! But I'm a little nervous about my GPA. My first semester was really tough for me and I ended with a terrible GPA but I managed to kick butt this year and raised my GPA a ton and even got very involved (lots of leadership positions). However my fsu GPA is not a 3.0 but above a 2.75 (sorry I'm being so ambiguous! I've just heard that sorority girls do lots of stalking and I don't want them to possibly recognize me from this post!)

What I'm basically asking is will this hurt me significantly? Even though I've had lots of involvement and have, I think, a very amiable personality?

Another q I had was a money one. Sororities cost and even though I think that the dues are very reasonable considering everything, I'm worried about how I will be able to afford membership. One of my sorority suite mates says that there's scholarships and financial aid but she didn't go into any details and I just wanted to know if anyone here knew how the financial aid worked and if it really helped or was it minimal? (The scholarship process I assume is just like any other. And may I clarify, I don't mean to sound ungrateful by saying "minimal." Any aid is helpful but with some dues being $2500+ the 1st semester, a financial aid award of $200-300 is barely a dent.)

Thank you so much for any help everyone! Being the only person in my family to ever go Greek and having only one Greek friend (my old suite mate who is very hush hush!) I really need some help!