View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULater View Post
you know, i do apologize with what I said, and using , I guess I was frustrated by the fact that there are a lot of people out there that only perceive my org as promoting and helping the latin community, when you look on every level, national, regional, and chapter-wise, we are doing a lot of things that are promoting more than just the latin community, but also trying to promote and and help the plight of all women worldwide. My chapter's philanthropy is Equality, which works through Equality Now!, an agency for women and children who obviously are not given some of the most basic human rights. If you go to our national website, and look under philantrophic service regionally, you can see each chapter has a different, but often related to women and children, philanthropy, and only a few chapter focuses specifically on the latino community.

Looking back, I do feel that I am being picky about your wording, but I really don't want there to be a continued misconception that all LTAs do relate to and service the latino community, but that it includes other things.
If you haven't already done so, you may want to go back through and read this thread from the beginning. You've come in the midst of a conversation that's been going on for some time and the issues you bring up have been discussed at length.

Check out what's been said already so you can understand where folks are coming from.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.