View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

The Jesuits are such excellent educators that I know that any campus that they teach at will require a student to fully engage in learning in order to stay enrolled. Their high school programs are all "college prep" because there is no need for a Jesuit education if it does not prepare one for further academic study.

Whether it is Loyola University in Chicago (I worked here for a few years), Marquette University in Milwaukee, Washington University in St. Louis, College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts, or any of the other numerous Jesuit institutions, a Jesuit education is a true liberal arts education, no matter what the field of study.

Integrating the classics with theological thought and social justice, the Jesuits teach a timeless academic tradition that is both contemporary and historical at the same time. Members of my own family have gone to Jesuit schools, so I am familiar with their curriculum. I am no longer Roman Catholic. But the Jesuits still impress me with their educational standards.