View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post
Having just finished recruitment where we had a record number of confirmed legacies, I had no problem with the legacies that released us during the process because they had their hearts with another group. I did not like having to keep legacies in our pref parties that we knew were going to have 0 chance to pledge my GLO...and they told us so. Would much preferred to be able to have been able to invite a few more women that really wanted to pledge us over the legacies who wanted to join another group from the start.
But, I guess that is life.
True but still stings. In the end, it is still an imperfect process. Sped up by technology vs. manual vote tabulating and list-reviewing, but still imperfect.

Mine who was down to 3, is down to 1 with 2 rounds to go. And it's not the legacy or the other house she was really feeling a connection to. She's hurt, upset that she has disappointed her sister who wanted to share that connection with her and won't. She's deciding now how to go forward, will most likely stick with it in the next round but it will come down to being in this GLO or none at all for her college career. One of the downsides too of recruitment before school and OOS; might have fared better without the legacy but it's water under that bridge.