Thread: Dance Moms
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Ugh! Do NOT like this show, but watched it this week to remind myself just why I do not like it. Good point brought up--how in the heck can Abby Lee or the individual families afford flights at the last minute to Galveston, TX !? And why , WHY must they compete every weekend? I would think that it would be nice to have a "free" weekend to hang out at home, see friends, sleep, etc!! Also, Page looks terribly thin to me. Anyone else think that? Jill is foul. Just awful. Can't believe that the dance competition was in a gym on a gym floor!! I would think that liability on the part of the dance company putting on the show would prohibit that! Lastly, it is not uncommon for dance team members to be under contract for a year, whereby they can't switch studios and perform with any other studio of dance teacher. Usually there is a steep financial penalty for breaking the contract. That could be why these moms don't pull their kids out of Abby's studio. But, personally, I still think that it is over dramatized for the sake of television. They all irritate me.