Thread: Drop or Not
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularPledge View Post
I am having a little dilemma at my school this semester. The fraternity that I decided to pledge is not the greatest influence with most focusing on parting, girls, and drugs. My fraternity got into trouble with the IFC after one night. Long story short this led to my fraternity being put on seise and desist until present day. While on seise and desist, a few pledge brothers and I were being dumb and got arrested in someone else's dorm room. My parents are both making me pay for legal/lawyer fines and fraternity dues (around 2,000 a semester). Although I do have a few close friends in my pledge class, I feel as if I do not connect with a majority of them (large pledge class). With a fraternity that does not know if we will get kicked off campus, legal fines, being in trouble with the school (it did happen on campus), poor grades, and family concerns, I am strongly considering dropping my fraternity and focusing on myself and bettering my life. If anyone could help guide me to make the right decision, I would be greatly appreciated.
Why would they even want you after this?