View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsparky View Post
Kevin, you have said this perfectly. I was afraid that I was letting my own past color what I was telling her, but you are spot on.

This man is using coercive control to manipulate her and to have power over her. This is mentally and emotionally unhealthy for her. She will try to do everything in her power to make him happy, and he will always have another thing to hold over her.

I hope she gets out. He could very easily become dangerous. She need sot get out now while she is away at University.
I've had to undergo domestic violence training to be allowed to serve as Guardian ad Litem in cases involving domestic violence. And domestic violence isn't just physical. It's also emotional, verbal.

I would also advise OP to get some domestic violence counseling. If she's in a city of any size, there's a YWCA which will have a class for victims of domestic abuse. It'd be smart to learn about the signs and symptoms of an abuser are and what a healthy relationship looks like. Otherwise, statistically, she's likely to end up in another abusive relationship.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma