View Single Post
Old 06-18-2001, 10:06 AM
Banned

Location: where the palm trees dance and the sun kisses the land...
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDROAD:
Okay, I thought of this topic this weekend as I was reviewing and organizing my "notebook" of research on Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. As a striving Sisterfriend I look at my journey as a goal and a job to be done. I never half step in anything that I do and I don't make excuses. I have a lot of information about the sorority and the chapter I hope to gain membership in. I have a print out of the Greek Alphabet, Founders History, Chapter's Important Dates and Charter Members, etc. etc. My question is: Should I share this information with fellow interestees? One young lady on another thread said she had researched for three months. Not, to put her down but I have researched for three years. Some of my friends who I know are interested, I have attempted to share my information with them but they are more interested in learning how to stroll. I want to know that too, but I don't think it is a priority. So may I please get some feedbak from both Memberfriends and Sisterfriends on how I should handle this. Should I keep , (thanks Lovely), the info I have worked hard to collect or should I share? If you don't want to give advice here please feel free to email me.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by ENDROAD (edited June 18, 2001).]
sf...i feel you...i'm in the same boat...the three year mark...and though i am not interested in alpha kappa alpha...i say keep it to yourself...we all have to tread our own path and if your friends are serious they will do their own research...to the extent that suits their desires...so i would not force anything on them...if they happen to ask where you got it from...i see nothing wrong with sharing it since it is public information...so i wish you the best...

[This message has been edited by SableCherub (edited June 18, 2001).]