View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
This is a problem--> "if sorority XYZ doesn't come back I wanna join sorority ABC." It says you are confused. We (NPHC) don't do flip flop. I love my Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. and out of sisterly RESPECT to my sistergreeks of AKA, Delta and Zeta, come to the table knowing exactly what you want and be %100% that org. In a nutshell, yes, it's a bad look.

Suggestion: If you can talk to a/cultured member(s) of either interested org, find out the why's, what's and so forth, that kept them in their org for over 20, 30 40, etc. years. Yes, it matters. Lifetime membership. No refunds, final sale, no exchanges. The end. My point is be honest with yourself about your reasons for wanting membership and remember that it's not just about the local chapter but the national org. You could join a great undergrad chapter but not like the grad or national experience and then what? Or vice versa.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard young women (of all orgs) say "Ugh, I wish I had joined AAA instead. " because of whatever reason ie: legacy status, best friend is a AAA, etc.. At the end of the day, YOU should be happy with your choice because it's permanent and written in your epitaph.

I was going to say that before you make contact with ANYONE be certain of your decision of organization but since you say you've already made it known to a member of XYZ, area members likely already know that you have interest.

Best to you.
Thank you so much!