View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

And since you find yourself in a Southern city, religion is of great importance. Perhaps you can find a church that will help satisfy this need.

The main issue, beyond what many other posters have said, is that for most NPC groups, AI is not something that is done a lot. It's a special situation usually for someone who has a connection (daughter, close friend, etc) who pursues it for the person. It's not the sort of thing where the woman pursues the membership. You need to wait for it to come to you. Many women come here wanting something they didn't get in college. That is absolutely not the purpose of AI. I certainly understand your situation, but being a 50 year member of my group and having witnessed many AI situations, it really doesn't sound like you are in a place where that could happen easily. Sorry if you think being honest with you is fitting the Hollywood stereotype but I am just trying to be honest. AI is usually to fill a need within the alum group - 9 times out of 10 as an adviser for a collegiate chapter. Sorry if you thought it was otherwise.