View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GatorDG
My daughter went through last year at Ole Miss and had a blast. However, during orientation the need for recs was down played. Make SURE you have one for each house.

One thing I noticed last year is that girls coming from certain areas thought they could only be an ABC or XYZ because all the girls from their hometowns were in that house. As competitive as the recruitment is at Ole Miss, that did not always work out. My daughter's roommate was in this category and was crushed when she received her preference choices. I encouraged her to continue with the preference parties and then make her decision. She did join a house and is thrilled with her choice. She will end up being a great leader in the house and probably on campus as well. She will have more opportunities for being a standout in the house she joined than the one she thought she "needed to join". It is really important that you do not listen to "tent talk" and make up your own mind. All of the houses are strong, so you really have some great choices.

Get working on the sponsorships right away. The sororities are gathering them now and the sooner the better.

Best of luck, but most of all, have a good time!