View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, of the other NPHC discussions I'm witnessing, these are comments that stick out:

1.I'm sick of these frivolous lawsuits. Even if they manage to sue their way in, what kind of experience will they have as members of the sorority? I'm sure these two are great young women who are deserving of the letters, even outside of the fact that they are legacies. However, I hope this lawsuit does not turn out favorably for them. Can you imagine what it would mean for the rest of us if some court decided that sorority membership is a right? Oh well, I'm sure this will be settled.

2. I thought I was reading the Onion for a second....that's crazy!

3. Human rights violation? they cannot be serious in equating sorority membership status with a human rights violation. overpriviledged and entitlement mentality .... no clue about real human rights issues...

4. Human rights violation? The very utterance insults Black culture as a whole. How does one go from human rights violations being, shot with hoses to attend a better school, to a Ms. HBCU not getting to dress tacky with the other girls.

5. Oh COME ON! Classic 90s baby "I win because I'm me" mentality.

What's funny: that a lawyer took this case.