View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Crazy Things That Happen During Recruitment

What are some crazy stories that have happened during recruitment for you as an alum/advisor?

Mine today:
Today is the first day of recruitment. The Membership VP asked me over the weekend to pick up chairs from the rental, which is about 45 minutes away and in another state. I was not told how many chiars or how big they were. I took my Yukon and when I arrived at the rental place they told me 75 chairs and they were a little bigger then excepted. I fill up the back with chairs, all the way to the roof. I had my hubby take the 3 row seat out. We ended up with chairs in the front and anywhere they could fit. Then I got to the house in was turning into the back yard and ended up hitting the passenger side with the post. That's the end of the first part.

Then I gp pick up the tables from another location. I get there and I'm told the ther takes where never reserved and they don't have anymore. This after the MVP verified last night. We get on the phone and call around and find some about 45 minutes away. None of the members have trucks so I volunteered to go get them. It took about an hour to load the tables. I made it back to the house right as house checks were happening; aroundc3:30. The parties started at 5 PM. And set up still had to happen for the tables.

This is the craziest recruitment has had. This is my first year as the chapter advisor too. I'm so exhausted already.b

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again