View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I'm a big fan of doing pics beforehand. It makes for a smaller time gap bewteen ceremony and reception, which is always nice because I find that by the time the ceremony is over, everyone involved is starting to get hungry (bride, groom, maids, etc). I know I am. Your hair and make up is fresher because you haven't had a chance to cry/sweat, etc. It also allows you to spend more time with your guests.

Also, you're STILL seeing each other for the first time, just not walking down the aisle. So you'll still have the same feelings (at least I would hope). I've never heard anyone say "Well I wasn't excited to see him at the end of the aisle because I had seen hom for pics this morning."
That would be hilarious if someone did say that.

I've heard of a lot of people doing them before as well. Several of my friends have done it and it's nice because they can actually come to the cocktail hour and see people rather than being MIA for an hour. I think it would be nice to calm our nerves if we did see each other beforehand. That's a good point on the hair and makeup freshness. Hmmm....maybe we'll do that.