View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy_lxvi View Post
Hate to be a pain about this, but you're wrong. A woman is not automatically fertile the moment she stops taking the pill, and it's ridiculous to say she is, otherwise, rather than having a period during those seven days you're taking the sugar pills, you'd be getting pregnant. Sometimes it's as little as one day, sometimes it takes weeks or months. Sometimes a woman who stops taking the pill because she's trying to have a baby will have to actually take a few doses a couple of months down the road to "kick start" her reproductive system into ovulating properly again. (This is what often happens when a woman 'skips' a pill and gets knocked up: she's dropped the hormone level, then given it a little kick, and her system shoots out an egg.) I have numerous family members in professions related to reproductive physiology (not all of them HUMAN reproductive physiology I admit), have worked in one myself, and we ALL like to talk shop.

It always amuses me when I meet a woman who knows less about her ovaries than I do.
WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/content/article/75/89898.htm

It says it "could" take up to two months but then another doctor states further down "Stopping the pill? Right away." In other words, women can get pregnant right away. I had stated a woman can get pregnant right after going off the pill because you said it wasn't possible in your original post. Then you said in your most recent post "sometimes it's as little as one day"..... So why are you disagreeing with me then? And I get the whole sugar pills thing but thanks breaking it down for everyone.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk to you but obviously I have insulted you in some sort of way to have received such an offensive response so I apologize if my post had offended you.

Last edited by ZTAngel; 07-26-2007 at 06:16 PM.