View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Ginger

Wow. I was all geared up to post about the rather trashy wedding I went to this weekend, but that takes the (sheet)cake.

Wedding I went to this weekend: NO bar/beverages/etc. (we got a plastic cup and pitcher of water) at our seats... decent food but served on chinet-type plates... some people had to sit in the bar (not in service of course) because there wasn't enough room for everyone in the actual hall... no air conditioning so we had doors open and fruit flies buzzing all around us.

I think the thing that bothered me most though was that the ceremony was at 2pm on the beach. Reception immediately after right there in a little hall type building. But they expected everyone to stay until 11pm!!! We ate at 4pm and by 5:30 we were ready to be done and gone. We ended up sneaking out by 6.

I'm relieved that our RSVPs are coming in way under what we were possibly going to get. We sent out for 150 people, expecting 125 but hoping for about 100. Both of our families live out of state so it was sort of an all or nothing deal with the extended fam and thankfully most aren't coming We'll probably end up with just under 100.... which will mean we hopefully won't end up in aephialum's "friend"s shoes