View Single Post
Old 01-22-2000, 12:47 AM
Blades920

Question Local sorority advisor

Hi, I am a Tri Delta alum who was asked by the alum Panhell organization in our town to be an advisor for a local sorority at a local university. In the beginning, the university said this group would eventually go national and that the other advisors and I (we are all alums of national sororities) were to steer them in that direction.

Well, it's been three years. We have made up symbols, songs, sayings and ceremonies for this group. It has more than doubled in size (around 30 members now). However, the university says they still can't go national (the chancellor has in mind only certain sororities she will accept on campus), and the members are starting to rebel against us. They don't want to do things the way we're trying to advise them. They don't want to raise money for charity, they want to raise money so they can have parties.

I would be interested in hearing from other local sororities to hear how they have dealt with all this. I'm tired of being the bad guy to these girls. If they don't want to go national, I guess that's fine. But shouldn't they have some sort of advisor?

Thanks for any helpful comments.