View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unDOVEated1920 View Post
No you can't. Once youre in a fraternity that for life. How did you become a frat as a freshman? Must not be apart of the divine nine.
Exactly. Several organizations encourage members to pledge as early as possible. And not all organizations follow the "in it for life" mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahwyn View Post
Honestly im in a Fraternity myself. And i know plenty of members that have left Fraternities and joined others. I am not one of them nor do i support it. But hey S*** happens. They did get pledged really hard. However what we fail to understand is that Fraternities and Sororities dont stand for what they used to. I dont Care What fraternity your in, there is something that is lacking. Which is perfectly human. If you joined that organization as a freshman. You obviously matured into yourself and saw that the fraternity doesnt have much to offer you as you get older. After college life honestly you can "DROP" your letters and join another org as long as they are not in the same Council. Think about it. Who will really care and who will really know. You will be an Alumni with a job and the party days will pretty much be over. The question to ask yourself is will you be satisfied with your decision? Will it affect your personal life in any way? The bottom line is alot of people will say who will respect you, or who will take you seriously. But does it really matter after you graduate Undergrad. Are they in your shoes, NO, so they cant fully answer this question for you. Would you rather dismiss your "frat life" and hide it from your life or join something and be proud of it. Be a member that can make changes and offer something to Society. Thats my take.

RaH

P.S. And please i know MANY MANY orgs that has done this in IFC, NPC, NPHC, MCGC,IIRC and the list goes on.
Umm...speak for yourself. There are several people here who don't feel their Greek experiences are lacking.

And I think that we forget that people talk to one another. If you were a member of an organization, chances are other people knew you were a member. You might be able to slip through the cracks, but to say that there's no way to get caught is naive.