View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiouschick View Post
I attend a small school (about 5600) in a fairly small/average town. My school only has four sororities, and they're all great. I'd be so excited to get a bid from any of them, but from the reading and research I've been doing about Gamma Phi Beta, it seems to be a perfect fit for me. I especially love the philanthropy. Throughout high school, I always said I would never join a sorority because I felt like I would never fit in, but I have social anxiety and have trouble reaching out and making friends. I feel like a sorority would be perfect for helping me to really connect with people while doing what I love (serving my community)! I've only just learned about Greek life, and generally I have no clue what to expect. I al TERRIFIED of rush week because I have no idea what to do, especially because my school is so small. I don't know what I should expect going into everything, I don't know what I should wear, and I'm not really sure what a sorority (especially Gamma Phi Beta) is looking for in a girl or how I'm supposed to present myself. Because my school is so small, should I send in a recommendation letter or resume? Has anyone had any experience with this? I don't want to call, email, or get in touch with anyone unless I can't get any information here. Also, what's the deal with social media during rush? Do I have to totally deactivate my account, am I just not allowed to use it, or will I only have to log out/delete the app? If anyone can help me with this information, it would be great because I REALLY want to receive a bid (hopefully for Gamma Phi Beta) and leave a lasting impression! Thank you if you can help me out and if you took the time to read this!
First piece of advice: don't set your heart on one sorority prior to recruitment. Researching Gamma Phi Beta is one thing. Actually meeting, getting to know, and connecting with the sisters is another.

@~/~~~~