View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Wohoo an Arizona recruitment thread! I went through recruitment last year and had so much fun. So many memories! I can honestly say that all the chapters are sooo great. So keep an open mind and you will be happy wherever you end up. Feel free to read my recruitment story (in my signature) if you want. And PM me with any questions.

As for clothing, you have to find a way to dress conservative, without getting too hot. Because it WILL be hott. Skirts are the best because its hard to over heat in them. Just don't pick one thats too short. You're impressing girls, not boys.

Also, they give you plastic bags to carry all your stuff around in. You're not allowed to have your own bag. But you can put anything in the plastic baggie that you want. I suggest bringing a comb. The heat will mess up your hair in between parties. I had a comb with me, and all the other girls said it was such a good idea and they wished they had brought one. Coffee filters are great for getting rid of sweat. But most of the RC's will be carrying that kind of thing around with them.

Oh, and recommendation letters are necessary but it won't be the end of the world if you don't have them. Recruitment at U of A is competitive and everyone told me I needed recs for every chapter. I ended up getting 2 recs for every chapter which helped. But I know girls who didn't even know what recs were and they had no problem getting invited back to houses. There's so many different factors, recommendation letters are just one of them.

Okay and finally, my most important piece of advice: Do not drop out of recruitment because you are unhappy with the houses you were invited back to. The only reason I think is acceptable to drop out is if you just feel greek life isn't for you. Don't drop out because you don't like the houses that liked you. There really aren't as many cuts as everyone thinks. It is mostly just girls who drop out.