View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Loved reading this thread! My neighbor is very "sensitive". We have a pond behind our house and when she moved in, she had this feeling that she HAD to get a fence put in ASAP for her younger kids. They could swim fine, but she just couldn't shake the feeling. She then had a very vivid dream that there had been a big old house across the street before our (20 y.o.) homes were built and that a little boy died in the pond. She asked the builder and he described a big old farm house that sat across the street before the property was sold and the new houses put in. She has seen a little boy in her house from time to time, and her son has described him as well! She says it doesn't scare her when she sees things which just sounds crazy to me! *I* must not be sensitive since I'm on the same pond and have never seen/heard anything. Thank goodness!

But her bigger ghost story is from a time she was visiting a friend in Richmond (we are in VA), staying in her centuries-old townhome in the historic area. There was no central A/C in the home, just a window air conditioner, but the friend's husband had asked that they NOT run it for whatever reason. Still, she woke up hot and turned it on. A while later, she was awakened by someone tapping her feet. She thought it was the husband coming to reprimand her for turning it on, and pretended to be asleep, but they kept tapping at her feet. She woke up and saw an old-time soldier standing in full uniform and tapping her and then pointing to something in the distance--I guess trying to get her attention about something! Again, she was not afraid--she told him she couldn't understand him and he eventually disappeared. Her husband slept peacefully throughout all this (of course!).