View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterng!rl2 View Post
Everything else matched up though, I have a very high GPA, was super involved in clubs/other organizations, have a good resume, and kept up with my appearance, and don't have a bad reputation. I was just super hurt to see I got cut when I felt so good about a house and thought I had made some strong connections.

It's like how can someone tell if you'd be a good asset to their house or "team" (since we previously compared rush to job interviews) from short conversations that only really hit surface level, like "what is your major?" and "what dorm are you living in this year?". Since most of my cuts happened after round 1.
I have been in upper management for 20+ years. I have interviewed so many applicants for various jobs. I know the minute they walk in the room and within the first few minutes I can tell if the applicant is a good fit for the department/company. It is like a sixth sense and I am usually 99% accurate. I too had some horrific interviews and didn’t want to continue but managed to keep professional and complete the interview without showing signs of disinterest. All of the response posts are accurate. Think of it as meeting a guy, within the first few minutes of the conversation, you can tell whether or not you are interested or going to click with this guy. Don’t blame your self. We all have been rejected in life and rejection is a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited by PKT4LIFE; 09-08-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Add wording