View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Another junior transfer sorority recruitment story :)

I just transferred to my new school from a community college and I thought I would go through recruitment to try and make more friends and strong bonds. If anyone is interested here is the first part of my story

My campus has 7 sororities so we visited each house for 20 minutes the first day. I used fruits to keep the sororities anonymous.

Pineapple: I didn’t really click with this house. Every girl I spoke to was extremely nice. 100% sweet hearts and not fake at all. They really seem to accept people and are really down to earth. However I had to work really hard to keep the conversation going and I just didn't have anything in common with the girls.

Pear: I have mixed feelings about this house. Some of the girls I spoke to were really nice and the conversation flowed easily…. and others it didn’t. There is a huge perk to becoming a part of this sorority that I can’t name because then it would give it away. But this is one that I’m on the fence about. They seem cool but I just don’t know if I’d fit in.

Blueberry: This house is one that everyone that I carpooled with really liked. They require a high gpa to be a member in good standing, which I like. There were also a lot of communication studies majors (my major). However, when I think back and look at my notes…. I can’t remember a whole lot about the girls other than what they were wearing. So I didn’t have a bad experience but it just wasn’t memorable.

Strawberry: This was the first house I visited where I felt completely comfortable. The conversation wasn’t forced at all and every girl I talked to seemed like we would be friends. I was actually sad when they rang the bell to sound that the 20 minutes were up. I wanted to sit there and talk a bit longer. So this house is my number 1 as of now.

Raspberry: This was the second house that I really clicked with. And I think the girls really liked me, more than the strawberries liked me. They got me talking about books and TV shows. And we were just cracking up over celebrities and it was just a fun time. These girls seem 100% real and I could see myself there. This is my number 2 house at the moment.

Mango: This was the first house I went to yesterday so I’m not going to lie. I was SO nervous! I didn’t know what to expect and when girls busted out the front door, the balcony, and 2 windows singing…. I was scared. But every girl I talked to seem really nice and their process seemed really well put together. Except this one was one of the hardest to hear the girl I was speaking to because we were in a tiny living room. But I talked to another communication studies major and even found out she’s in one of my classes. Which will be extremely awkward on Tuesday since I’m not allowed to talk to any sorority members outside of recruitment until rush is over. But I think I really liked this house. I liked a few houses better than this but since it was my first house I listed them in my top 5 because I want to see how they are day 2 when I’m not so nervous.

Cantaloupe: The girls at this house seemed really nice. They had a lot of diversity in girls, which I liked. However conversation didn't flow that well but I still had a good time.

When I first filled out my preference form I listed cantaloupe and blueberry last.

However I ended up asking for my form back because I wanted to list cantaloupe and pineapple last instead. I realized I had let pineapple stay because they were super nice to me but I ultimately know I wouldn’t belong in that house.