View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Re: Re: Re: I've heard everything now!

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
I'm sure that Jackie Kennedy did pledge. However, I doubt that Jacqueline Bouvier (who then married John F Kennedy) did. It's all in how you say it people....
You just read my mind. I have many family members with the last name Kennedy, but not the same family.

Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin03
Where, at her alma mater Vassar, which did not have a Greek system in the 1940s?

Lest we forget, she came from a social class---that for whom, sorority membership was an unneeded choice. Women of her social standing did not need the social or business connections that came with sorority membership, as those had been taken care generations before. Besides, in the biographies I have read of her, none has included sorority membership, and it's not mentioned on the Phi Mu site.
She didn't graduate from Vassar, but from George Washington University as KillarneyRose mentioned.

Her son, John Kennedy, Jr. was Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity at Brown. As the son of a U.S. President, he most certainly didn't need the social or business connections that you mentioned. Sometimes people just want friends.