View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Well there are two different issues here, a. time conflict and b. concerned about your sorority's reputation. Some people's responses focus on just one of the issues, so don't think that someone telling you to stop being so judgy is saying so because of the time conflict or whatever.

As for a., what did you expect people to say? Mandatory meetings are mandatory, we can't change that. My NM class of 20 was able to find a time that worked for all of us, but if yours can't do that then they've got to go with the time that works best for everyone. Chapter is chapter and it's not going anywhere. None of us know if you can make the mandatory meetings not mandatory.

As for b., saying that you're worried because someone told you stuff is a lame reason to say your sisters are wild. And no actually, it's not hard to ignore a reputation when you take the time to get to know your sisters and then realize that it's completely wrong. Comments like "I don't know if I'm cut out to be a sister" don't make much sense because that could be for any number of reasons, spanning anywhere from "I'm secretly a guy" to "I don't want to put in the effort to create these bonds". We don't know you, we can't give you step-by-step instructions on what to do here.

This is the Internet. We only know as much as you put out there. So no, dropping a hint that you were happy to be wanted is not going to make most people go "this girl has low self esteem I should be really nice to her!!!" This isn't about you personally, posters have no idea who you are. There's a chance for each of us that you're talking badly about our sisters and that is something that is universally no bueno.