Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by adpiucf
But remember-- being in a sorority is not the end-all of life. If you don't like being in a sorority, than drop out. The grass is always greener on the other side and EVERY chapter faces internal drama, conflict, etc... none are perfect, not even the perceived "top" chapters.

So my advice-- you need to get over this and accept how your life is today. Talk to someone you trust, involve yourself in your school work, campus life and sorority life and decide-- do I want to be an XYZ. Also remember, being an XYZ isn't preventing you from being friends with ABC's.

If your biggest problem in life is that you think you're wearing the wrong letters on your t-shirt, you are very lucky person indeed. [/B]
Couldn't say it better myself. Also some orgs are better at hiding internal problems then others. I also think that WE make up our organization. If you are going to stand on the sidelines and do nothing, then you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution. I don't mean to sound harsh but you have an opportunity to make lots of great friends and great memories. Go for that instead of longing to be part of something you only see from the outside that may not be as great as you think. We all at one time or another have probably thought "I wish I pledged xyz instead of my org" but you know what, you joined your org, so try to make the best of it. Also as mentioned above, you can still be friends with the girls from the other GLO.