View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
Dear Special Snowflake Moms - In case you weren't aware, Tri Delta is not governed by the United States Constitution. They are governed by their own system, and unless that system is in violation of laws of this country or the chapter's state, they can do whatever the hell they want to their chapter.

I say this to the actives that I advise all the time. Unless the sorority is breaking the law, sorority rules are what govern the organization. I had one girl who said to me that she didn't think it was fair that she wasn't allowed to vote in chapter elections because she was on academic probation. Her argument was that even prisoners in some states are allowed to vote. I said 1) we aren't voting for elected officials of the country, so the country's voting laws do not apply. And 2) prisoners are only allowed to vote in like Rhode Island, so go there if you don't like it.

I also had a 22-year old woman's mother call me 2 weeks ago because she felt that her daughter was being isolated from the group and excluded because she lost an election for a position. GIVE ME A BREAK! Let your adult children handle their own business for Pete's sake!
+1+1+1

If this 22-year-old daughter thinks it's appropriate in any way to get mommy to fight her battles for her, mother has failed as a parent (unless your kid has special needs or something). This episode simply reeks of over-privileged little shits who can't process life sometimes sucking. What kind of future professionals/mothers/etc. are these parents trying to raise? How are these women going to interact with the world when they are in their 30s and 40s?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma