View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownxo View Post
One of the young ladies I work with is planning on rushing this fall (she'll be a freshman). She has spent several hours looking at sorority websites to figure out which sorority she is going to join. She's mentioned several chapters that she thinks are beneath her, as she is "blonde and petite" and is sure the top chapter will snatch her up. In fact, she's bought some t-shirts with "her" letters on them already. A couple of us have tried to tell her that's it's a mutual selection process (you may have decided you're a perfect XYZ, but that doesn't mean XYZ will agree). She just looks blankly at us and says, "But I'm blonde and petite." Sometimes you've just got let someone do what they want...and be very glad that your sorority is not at her school.
LMAO. i can't imagine anyone, regardless of age or looks, saying something so narcissistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownxo View Post
Oh, I've got a great way to let her future sisters know. Another one of our co-workers is hosting a BBQ next month, and Ms. Blonde and Petite has asked if she can wear "her" letters. My friend happily agreed, and we're both planning on bringing our cameras and taking a few pictures.
LOL i know this post is old but thats hilarious! i SO wish i could do that to overconfident NPHC interests, but that would end their run as an interest, and potentially their social life (and cause for a good ol fashioned beatdown).

plus i'd be just as wrong for telling a GDI to wear XYZ letters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
This is one of the reasons I dislike the term "potential new member" in place of "rushee." It makes it sound like becoming a new member is a sure thing. Rushee is someone going through the rush process, no more, no less. It's much more accurate and doesn't assume anything about your "potential."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykd2005 View Post
Potential just means they COULD potentially be a new member, it doesn't necessarily mean that they hold potential themselves. It's basically just telling them they are a "maybe" new member; it's not a sure thing. It would definitely be different if members of houses were telling PNMs that they have "potential," however.
again, old, but this bears repeating. the P is way more important than the NM part. just start calling your PNMs "potentials."