View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

As my user name suggests, I still live in Indiana and have a few ties to the university still. The housing situation is not actually as it's being portrayed by the university. For example, they want the land where the FIJI house is currently to expand the law school. They know FIJI won't make a deal unless they are guaranteed land somewhere else on campus. There are two lots for sure and possibly a third. One is next to AXO, one is next to DTD on the extension and there is room past the cul-de-sac that ADPi is on. There is an empty fraternity house on the extension right now and there are three fraternity houses leased to other organizations right now that when these leases are up, they could be leased to a new sorority. Ashton residence hall is being totally torn down and rebuilt, a chapter could be housed there temporarily until a lease can be negotiated. There are two non Greek organizations also living on Jordan. So, there are housing options for a group who can plan strategically. A friend of mine works in Greek affairs at another university but works with her chapter at IU during recruitment and she overheard that the university has contacted a couple of sororities about the possibility of presenting in the spring. She did say that the figures from the last two years do support the need for expansion. I can't say much else because I don't want to reveal her identity.

Last edited by IndianaSigKap; 01-17-2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: spelling