View Single Post
Old 05-16-2001, 11:29 PM

Hey Newbie! This is a fun thread

When I did agency public relations in the early 90's, one my responsibilities was working the media table at events to which celebrities had been invited. Plus, celebrities were often spokespersons for some of the companies we represented. Some of the people I got to meet include Dana Carvey, Ellen DeGeneres, Brooke Shields (so beautiful and so sweet!), Jon Cryer ("Duckie" from "Pretty in Pink" for you 80's people), John Lee Hooker, Hulk Hogan, Mark Messier, Wayne Gretzky, Janet Jones, Jamie Lee Curtis and Matthew Broderick.

Now, let me clarify...when I say I met them it doesn't mean they looked at me and said, "Hey, PR girl, let's meet for coffee this week!". It was more like I was either trying to corner them so that the newspaper people could talk to them or snap their picture with one of my clients or they were asking me if I could scare up some Pellegrino for them to drink because they just couldn't stomach the Perrier water that was provided.

Oh, and Sherry Stringfield, formerly of ER lived somewhere on my block. She was on the soap "Guiding Light" at the time and I would see her fairly often grocery shopping at Food Emporium

------------------
~@~Tracy~@~
Proud to be a Delta-Z