View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceniczip View Post
My favorite trip of all time was Mackinac Island. They don't allow cars on the island, which I thought was so cool. We stayed at the Grand Hotel and the food was amazing. I loved dressing up for dinner each night. They also have the longest covered porch and I would sit out there and just visit with people. They have an old military fort that we took a tour of too. We learned how to drive a horse and carriage, which was awesome. They also have a huge national park and a pretty nice golf course. I would love to go back. It's also really cool up there and I'm not a heat person so 70s in August was great!
My friend got married there. We were all a little annoyed because it made it completely impossible for any of us to get to her wedding. You can't just fly into Detroit and get there in one day. She ended up with one person from our program at her wedding...hope she wasn't offended, but none of us could take vacation to go to her wedding. It's a shame, because it does look like a really nice place!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!