View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED123 View Post
So I have decided that I will rush this coming spring at the University of Arkansas. But I have a few questions...

First, I don't drink. I love going to parties, but I won't drink when I'm there. Will this be a problem in any way? Will anyone care if I choose not to drink?

Second, I know at least three people who could write a reccomendation letter for me to one fraternity. But I'm not sure if that is the fraternity I want to join. Should I have all three of these people write a letter for me or just one?

Any other advice would be great.
Just an FYI - Fraternities normally don't do "recommendation" letters. If they are alumns of the fraternity, they can just send an e-mail to the rush chairman, telling them they know a guy on campus who is interested in rushing, check him out, etc.
If they are active members of the fraternity, they can just invite or bring you to the rush party.

Sigma Chi does have a letter of introduction that alumns can send to HQ, which is forwarded to the chapters. I don't know if other fraternities have something similar or not. Good luck.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)