View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAXOTerp View Post
I was also wondering about how this guaranteed placement would work w/ regards to chapter's membership standards. AXO is public with our 5 membership criteria: 1) Academic interest; 2) Character;
3) Financial responsibility; 4) Leadership ability; and 5) Personal development.

I know they seem general- but there are plenty PNM's who don't meet all 5.

Also we have publicly listed on our website our statements of position and in that document it also states:
"Fraternity Rights
Alpha Chi Omega is a private women’s organization that is committed to protecting its rights as such. The Fraternity reserves the right to determine its own member recruitment and selection processes and procedures..."
Yeah, or what if you have serious No-Recs from alums? I don't know how you'd really do it.

It just seems to me that in many recruitments, wouldn't you release some girls who did meet all five who just weren't as awesome as the ones you gave bids too? Aren't there some girls who you release you don't really want to release?

Really guaranteed matching and quota additions may be the right way since the group does actually probably want the girls they pref; it's just a question of rank.